[Lpc-announce] VFIO/IOMMU/PCI Microconference Accepted into LPC

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Thu Jul 13 21:04:14 UTC 2017

Following on from the successful PCI Microconference at Plumbers last
year [1] we're pleased to announce a follow on this year with an
expanded scope.

The agenda this year will focus on overlap and common development
between VFIO/IOMMU/PCI subsystems, and in particular how consolidation
of the shared virtual memory(SVM) API can drive an even tighter
coupling between them.

This year we will also focus on user visible aspects such as using SVM
to share page tables with devices and reporting I/O page faults to
userspace in addition to discussing PCI and IOMMU interfaces and
potential improvements.

For more details on this, please see this microconference's wiki
page [2].

We hope to see you there!

Linux Plumbers Conference [3] will be held in Los Angeles, CA, US on
13-15 September in conjunction with The Linux Foundation Open Source
Summit.

[1] https://linuxplumbersconf.org/2016/ocw/events/LPC2016/tracks/531.html
[2] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017:vfio_iommu_pci
[3] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/