[Lpc-announce] Containers microconference accepted into Linux Plumbers Conference

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Thu Jun 29 19:47:40 UTC 2017

Following on from the Containers microconference last year, we're
pleased to announce there will be a follow on at Plumbers in Los
Angeles this year.

The agenda for this year will focus on unsolved issues and other
problem areas in the Linux kernel container interfaces with the goal of
allowing all container runtimes and orchestration systems to provide
enhanced services.  Of particular interest is the unprivileged use of
container APIs in which we can use both to enable self-containerising
applications as well as to deprivilege (make more secure) container
orchestration systems.  In addition we will be discussing the potential
addition of new namespaces: (LSM for per-container security modules;
IMA for per-container integrity and appraisal, file capabilities to
allow setcap binaries to run within unprivileged containers)

For more details on this, please see this microconference's wiki
page [1].

We hope to see you there!

Linux Plumbers Conference [2] will be held in Los Angeles, CA, US on
13-15 September in conjunction with The Linux Foundation Open Source
Summit.

[1] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017:containers
[2] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/