[Lpc-announce] TPM Microconference Accepted into LPC 2016

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Sun Aug 28 17:22:20 UTC 2016

Although trusted platform modules (TPMs) [1] have been the subject of
some controversy over the years, it is quite likely that they have
important roles to play in preventing firmware-based attacks,
protecting user keys, and so on. However, some work is required to
enable TPMs to successfully play these roles, including getting TPM
support into bootloaders, securely distributing known-good hashes, and
providing robust and repeatable handling of upgrades.

In short, given the ever-more-hostile environments that our systems
must operate in, it seems quite likely that much help will be needed,
including from TPMs. For more details, see the TPM Microconference wiki
page [2].

LPC [3] will be held November 1-4 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, US.  We hope
to see you there!

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module
[2] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2016:tpms
[3] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2016/